Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Nice & Light


My computer decided to die on Halloween, so I have been relegated to my old, laggy laptop or borrowing my boyfriend's desktop while I slave-drive him to fix mine. I had some grand plans to make a few Dia de los Muertos outfits, but since I wasn't able to get on Second Life until today, I just decided to photograph a look I made a few days ago. I got this lace dress at The Dressing Room for 70 Linden. It's from Mimikri and I have purchased from them before but I was a little disappointed with the neckline on this dress. (Click the link to their blog. As you can see in the ad, the upper neck is obscured by the models long hair, so I had no idea what it looked like until I bought it.) The arm seams are a little visible and the upper neckline seemed a bit "unfinished," (in my opinion,) so I covered it up with a scarf  and brooch. I really liked the soft taupe color and honestly it looks pretty cute here in this picture, in the context of the whole look, but I was just a little disappointed when I first bought it. If it were my creation, I would have probably included a prim, (similar to the arm bands and waist,) for the upper neckline, but I am not a builder so what can you do. Anyway, maybe I will be able to put together some of those Dia de los Muertos looks a little later tonight ~ better late than never I suppose!

No comments:

Post a Comment