Monday, June 23, 2014

été de l'amour (Summer of Love) ~

Click image for larger view

Ensemble ~

HERMONY / KYU / BodyShape (Slightly Modded)
HERMONY / SKIN / KYU / ST2,  EyebrowShape, EYEBROWCUT / TRIPLE CUT / LEFT ST2, Stubble - Darker (You have to see this shape in person. It's really one of the best male BODY shapes I have EVER seen in SL. It's hard to tell with all these clothes on, so I took a pic in just undies! (see below,) lol AND I will be featuring it again & again. Although I absolutely LOVE this face too, I think I still might be in love with my [ma ko pa] elian femboy face, (blogged here, here & here,) this new body shape is really SO NICE, so I will be featuring this shape a LOT more to come - stay tuned for that. 
{S0NG} :: Hope~ Hazel Eye
Blair's Gadget Factory Slink Hands + Feet + Eyelashes Combo MP 
DeeTaleZ Prim Teeth gap
L.Fauna Dimples  Freckles [Tan]
ILLMATIC :: Savee Hair & High Temp Fade - Chocolate (The Men's Dept)
Cute Poison - Ova Piercing Part 2 (Part 2 of 2 parts)
Noodles - Shark Bite Earrings Pink L & R (Past Fifty Linden Friday) So Cute, unisex!
La Malvada Mujer - Le petite origami (Group Gift)
(Milk Motion) word necklace - amour - gold (Gacha - Past Arcade) 
. Sweet Thing. Peace & Love Frames - Psychedelics (Summer of Love Fair Exclusive! June 27th - July 11th)
...Scars... Turtleneck hoodie M / [Brown] (The Men's Dept.) 
Slink Male Hands (AvEnhance) L & R - Relax
=^.^=MS=^.^= (Myrai Style) {Horned Bangles}
-Pixicat- EyeBag Clutch (Green) (Gacha)
.:Buttery Toast:. Yara's Ring - Black (HUD Change inner wings)
Cute Poison - Glitter Nails Matte Tips HUD
...Scars...Shirring sarrouel pants [Black] (The Men's Dept)
Slink Male Feet (AvEnhance) S - Flat
{Sleepy Eddy} Semi Brogue Shoes (Maroon) (Gacha - Past Arcade) (These don't require SLinks, I just wore mine & resized the shoe to fit them because I was running out of alpha layers due to other items I was wearing & I have the Blair's three-in-one alpha for eyelashes, hand & foot slinks I can wear so it helps.)



! ellemeno ! undies - mens - rainbows (Gacha)

Poses ~ 

Natural
Ploom



Thoughts & Music ~ 

It was really fun to do a male look again - I hope people like it & I do hope more men feel free to express themselves with fashion, hair & nails as a lot of women are able to. I like the idea of breaking down gender stereotypes. I feel like people should wear what they like & express themselves with color & frivolity if they so desire, without feeling afraid to be labeled.

I called this post été de l'amour, & it SHOULD mean Summer of Love in French if google translate is serving me right. I took cues from the "amour" in the necklace, the psychedelic themed peace glasses, & the overall, free-wheeling vibe of the look. 

When I think of "Summer of Love" of course I think of the famous 1967 Haight-Ashbury era of hippie-free-love, music & revolution based around San Francisco, California, AND I also, think of this lovely tune by the B-52's from the 80's. Yes, the B-52's again - I do love them. Here they are with Summer of Love, (featuring a lovely, clear remix by the classic Shep Pettibone,) ~ Enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment