Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Five Thousand Hits - Thank You!


SHINee does an imitation of how happy I felt after hitting 5000 views
 I wanted to take a moment to say Thank You to everyone who has stopped by my blog over the last year & a half - I have now reached over five thousand hits! I started this blog in January of 2011 to force myself to start writing again, (even just a little bit,) by sharing personal anecdotes, writing movie & music reviews, sharing some of my own original artwork, & to teach myself some Photoshop using the pictures I took in Second Life, etc. I have already posted more in the five months of this year than I had in all of 2011, so that's one major feat. It has been a strange journey, though. Things have not always gone so great - I have removed posts for various reasons I won't get into right now, (I'll save that for some more "philosophical" posts at a later date.) I have learned some hard lessons, even gained & lost friends. Even though my progress may seem small to some, & I know I am still very amateurish compared to what is possible,  my overall progress means a lot to me & I do feel feel proud to have at least been trying. I have learned a lot & look forward to learning more. I recently updated the entire look & feel of the blog - from the colors to the fonts - even honing the logo, (which is my original drawing,) & I am very pleased. I am still working on finding my writing "voice," constantly reading, exploring new tutorials, other great blogs & finding new inspirations every day. Frankly, there's so much to be inspired by & learn from it's sometimes hard to keep up.

I will do my best to keep improving. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment