Saturday, April 21, 2012

Like Cockatoos

So, my Second Life friend, DJ A.F.I, a great SL & RL DJ, (who is also my longtime "Real Life" friend, since she was a teenager!) was like, "Hey I want to take you to this really cool store," & proceeded to take me to Ladies Who Lunch. Little did she know I am a big fan of that store but haven't been there in a while because every time I go, I end up broke. There are just so many awesomely unique designs & cute, cool stuff that I always want & this time was no exception.

Anyone who knows me probably knows I like birds. Well, I mean they are pretty easy to like: First of all they are nice to look at, secondly they have lovely singing voices, thirdly there's the whole metaphoric "freedom of flight" thing to envy & lastly, they just have a real air of majesty & mystery to them. I think birds are quite magnificent & interesting creatures & they never cease to amaze me.

SO ~ when I saw this colorful mesh sweater/skirt/heels combo resplendent in feathers & with giant Cockatoo faces on it - it was pretty much a no-brainer that I had to have it. (BTW - there are also dress sets with a Pachyderm, Bird of Paradise, Lotus & Owl, in case Cockatoos aren't your thing!) You can get the top & skirt separately or get the set which includes the shoes, like I did. I already had the LoQ hair,  (which is VERY much like a "Cockatoo-ish" crown itself,) the Paper Couture earrings & the awesome ni.Ju makeup totally finished off the look & really complimented my brand new Jesylilo skin that I am LOVING, (absolutely amazing lips & eyebrows!) 

This outfit reminded of one of my favorite old songs by the Cure. Even though the outfit is a LOT more upbeat & happy than the song is, I decided to include it anyway because for one I just couldn't get it out of my head & two, it's really pretty & kind of melancholy & that's just how I am: half crazy, upbeat & colorful & half nostalgic & melancholy. Enjoy! :P


Shape is my very modified version of "Jennifer" by Glow Studio
*JeSyLiLO* at Dressing Room Blue*:::ShamS:::*LightSkin
LaDonna Oceanlane Eyes made by Me!
L.Fauna 2.0 Tattoo [Dimples + Freckles]
L.Fauna 2.0 Tattoo [Full Body Freckles]
[ni.Ju] Visual Edge (the black thick liner)
[ni.Ju] Kumi (the pretty rainbow makeup - comes in different versions & tintable!)
P.C; Tumbled Stone Set (I have TONS of jewelry from this place, I love EVERYTHING.)
LoQ Hair Grappa Pieva - Dark Blonde (I have the fatpack - I love this hair!)
Blacklace Passionate Touch Stockings
[LWL] Zoology (Cockatoo)
Ampersand - For your eyes only Poses.(This was from a pack of James Bond-Girl inspired poses. You can find it at Shag right now, it seems like they are still in the process of building their own store. Cute poses!)

  *

Here's the Cure from 1987 with, "Like Cockatoos." If you haven't heard the whole album "Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me" - I highly recommend checking it out. So many great, very emotional & personal, yet identifiable songs with amazing musicianship. It's a classic!


Lyrics:
She walked out of her house
And looked around
At all the gardens that looked
Back at her house
(Like all the faces
That quiz when you smile...)

And he was standing
At the corner
Where the road turned dark
A part of shiny wet
Like blood the rain fell
Black down on the street

And kissed his feet she fell
Her head an inch away from heaven
And her face pressed tight
And all around the night sang out
Like cockatoos

"There are a thousand things" he said
"I'll never say those things to you again"
And turning on his heel
He left a trace of bubbles
Bleeding in his stead

And in her head
A picture of a boy who left her
Lonely in the rain
(And all around the night sang out
like cockatoos)

2 comments:

  1. I love this look on you... It's hard to put into words but it makes you look a little crazy in a really interesting way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kit! I guess I am a bit crazy & hopefully a bit interesting :P I do totally love this, though. Right up my alley, indeed.

    ReplyDelete