Sunday, January 1, 2012

Q-tip Quandry?

I just wanted to make a quick post to say I was looking at my box of Q-tips today after my shower & I noticed it said something like, "Helpful Ideas for Uses on Back!" or something to that effect with a list of things like, "arts & crafts, makeup application, clean between your babies toes," etc. I had to think to myself, are there a lot of people who get a box of Q-tips & then go, "Oh Gee, what am I going to DO with these?"

Does anyone else remember an old commercial from the 80's where Dick van Dyke urged kids to never stick anything INSIDE their ears...except their elbows? (Because it's impossible...get it?)



2 comments:

  1. LOL, I know it's pretty silly. But there are actually people who have done permanent damage to their ears/hearing by jamming Q-tips in there like lances. I remember we learned about it in my sign language classes. Punctured ear drums, heinous scar tissue. Crazy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kit, I went back & added to/edited the post because I didn't want it to seem like I thought it was silly about people hurting themselves with the q-tips, like you mentioned. No, that's not funny at all! I thought the silly part was having to be told what to actually DO with the q-tips in general, as if they are some exotic thing you can't think of any uses for! lol

    ReplyDelete